Club members participate in civic beautification programs throughout Scugog. These volunteers have been planting the garden at Nestleton Hall since 1979 and the two flowerbeds at Port Perry Hospital (Lakeridge Health Corporation) for almost 20 years.
Members hold an annual Spring Plant, Bake and Yard Sale in late May which is open to the community.
Meetings are held the 1st Tuesday of the month except for March when it is on the second Tuesday, excluding January and February, at the Nestleton Community Centre. They include competitions, inspiring speakers and social sharing of ideas and information. Anyone who shares a love of gardening is welcome to join this enthusiastic and friendly group. Members are encouraged to participate in Horticultural competitions and shows locally and at the District Level.
Who Can Join?
New members are always welcome. Anyone who shares a love of gardening or would like to learn about gardening is welcome to join our enthusiastic and friendly group.
- $20 single membership
- $25 family (two adults at the same address)
- Annual dues are payable at the November meeting.
- Membership entitles you to discounts and deals at(show your current membership card to the cashier at the start of your transaction):
- VOS’- Your Independent Grocer (Garden Centre, Port Perry)
- Sheridan Nurseries (Whitby)
- Century Home Garden Greenhouses (Port Perry)
- Story Brothers, The Garden Path (Orono)
- Rekker’s Garden Centre (Bowmanville)
- Canadian Tire (Port Perry)
- Vandermeer Nursery (Ajax)
- Kingsway Greenhouse (Oshawa)
- Witzkes Greenhouses (Courtice)
- Greenbank Garden Centre (Uxbridge)